Put stress on snooze and transition from summer break to school mode with these back-to-school must-haves and helpful hints. From lunch bags to nap time necessities, we’ve rounded up everything your little one needs to ace the year ahead.
Preschool Preparedness: First Day of Preschool Checklist
These Big Little Universe-approved supplies will help kick the school year off right:
Tip: Get your child in on mealtime prep with our Bread Loaf Set. You’ll help your little one develop imaginative thinking, fine motor skill and practice playtime communication.
Billabong Snack Time Lunch Bag from Billabong ($17.99)
Rodgers Lunch Box from State Bags ($42)
Bubble Gum Lunch Bag from Mokuyobi ($62)
Blue Melon Lunch Bag from Mokuyobi ($62)
Reusable Lunch Bag from Cotton On ($7) On Sale!
Rainbow Organic Cotton Print Zipper Lunch from Fluf ($28.95)
Solid Organic Cotton Zipper Lunch from Fluf ($28.95)
Washable Name Stamp from The Name Stamp ($19.99)
Kiki® 9oz Insulated Sippy Cup Bottle from Pura ($24.99)
UFO School Bag from Mini Rodini ($75)
- Naptime necessities, e.g., rest mat, sheet and blanket.
- Change of clothing.
A snuggly item like a lovey lion to comfort your child during naptime.
Eco-friendly cotton face mask.
- Olika Clip On Hand Sanitizer
- Any other items requested by school.
Parent Preparedness: Successful Transition for Preschool
Once you have preschool essentials in hand, you may be wondering what else you need to do before the first day of school.
- Prepare clothes, lunch and supplies.
- Label everything.
- Remember: Being a parent might not come with instructions, but a well-organized plan will make both you and your kiddo smile.
Toddler Preparedness: Readiness Tips for Your Toddler
Here are a few ways to help ease your toddler’s nerves and get ready for the first day of preschool:
- Let him or her know what to expect by reading books.
- Visit the classroom before school starts.
- Once school has started, be consistent with routines – it’ll help both of you!
- Get your little one’s skills read. Support developmental milestones by creating teachable moments in conjunction with the school curriculum.
- Have fun!